My Wi-Fi Service compatible routers
Only a wireless router that has a Hotspot module with RADIUS authentication (i.e. Mikrotik router) or a wireless router with alternative firmware installed (i,e. DD-WRT, CoovaAP, OpenWrt) that supports RADIUS authentication is needed to create a Hotspot with My Wi-Fi Service.
Fortunately, most retail routers at least support DD-WRT firmware. Even OpenWRT is widely supported but its installation is rather complex.
Lastly, if you have Linksys 54GL, CoovaAP firmware is the best choice given the high stability of its Hotspot RADIUS module (CoovaChilli).
If you do not have a router, we recommend you purchase from our site a Linksys 54GL. It comes with the firmware preset for use with My Wi-Fi Service. Just connect it to your modem to set up your Hotspot.
Following is a full list of routers supported by My Wi-Fi Service:
- Routers compatible with DD-WRT Standard firmware (not Mini or Micro)
- Routers compatible with CoovaAP firmware
- Routers with OpenWRT firmware and the Chillispot or CoovaChilli module installed
- Mikrotik routers
- Open-Mesh systems
- Linux PC with Chillispot or CoovaChilli software
- Any Router or system that supports RADIUS protocol