PayPal or credit card payments
My Wi-Fi Service can offer customers the chance to top-up their prepaid account or purchase a subscription on the captive portal using a PayPal account or a credit card. The entire procedure is automatic, without the need of any administrator intervention. To accept PayPal payments, register at www.paypal.com and request a free Business account to immediately start receiving payments.
After registering, login to the PayPal control panel using the account email and password and follow the steps below:
1) Click on the "Profile" menu and select "Sales tools".
2) Click on the "Website payment preferences" "Update" button and enable "Automatic redirect" entering "http://www.mywifiservice.com" in the "redirect URL" field. At the bottom of the page, enable the "Transfer payment data" flag and save changes.
3) In order for PayPal to immediately inform My Wi-Fi Service of customer payments, enable PayPal's immediate payment notice (IPN).
Also in the "Sales tools" page, open the "Immediate Payment Notice" section and click "Edit settings". In the window that opens, enter "https://app.mywifiservice.com" in the "Notice URL" field and enable the "Receive IPN messages (on)" flag.
At this point you can set up program PayPal functions in the captive portal PayPal section.
Please remember that your Hotspot customers who do not have a PayPal account can still use this top-up option using a normal credit card. In fact, when they are asked to enter their PayPal account data they can also select credit card payment without being forced to create a PayPal account (also possible).
- Registered users
- Navigation mode
- Prepaid tickets
- Rate plans
- Users groups
- Connections monitor
- Captive portal
- Info Portal Wi-Fi
- Credit cards/PayPal payment
- WISP Capabilities
- Authentication without a browser
- SMS registration
- Facebook Login
- Prepaid recharges
- Sessions archive
- Checkout management
- Developers API